On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 17:44, Roland Jollivet <roland.jolli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I watched that. It did look a long winded. Near the end you seem to be
> repeatedly trying to dimension values that are already defined?

I was deliberately creating driven dimensions.
Those dimensions were not required to define the shape. What they
would be useful for would be hand-coding G-code, which is what I was
trying to demonstrate for Gene.
He was complaining that the maths was hard, and actually it isn't
trivial. I was showing how the computer can do it for you.

As for long-winded, possibly. I was trying to keep the sketch well
tied-down in space, and at the same time be easy to modify while
remaining stable.
By changing the two widths and the hole spacing that sketch will
automatically re-size to calculate the arc beginning, end and centre
for any size of D-sub.

--
atp
lunatics."