It would be done in AlibreCAD in much the same way.  I agree with Andy.  And to
add one other comment.  When learning CAD it does take at times a different way
of thinking about solving a problem.  Adding reference lines and drawing
relative to the reference line and then often removing that line is a common
operation.  But not intuitively obvious.

Very similar to creating an arched bridge over a stream.  Until the keystone is
in place the rest of the blocks fall.  So the technique is to build a curved
support structure under the arch so all the blocks are put in place including
the keystone.   Then the supporting blocks are removed and perhaps used for
other parts of the bridge infrastructure.  If you never see the support blocks
you never know that they were needed to place that keystone.

Computer CAD is something like that.  So it’s not picked up in 30 minutes and
the worst thing to do is to immediately start on a project with the goal of
learning CAD along the way.  At the beginning you don't know what you don't
know so you don't know what to learn.  That's what tutorials or lessons are
for.   They take you through the step by step process.   And often even after
using the CAD for a while it pays to repeat the tutorial or a new introductory
one because you don't always pick up the details the first time through.  And
as we get older it's even harder to remember some of those pesky handy little
details.

Nicely done Andy.  It was a really good demo.
John Dammeyer