On Friday 28 December 2018 11:06:19 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 12/28/2018 08:24 AM, Todd Zuercher wrote:
> > Yesterday we were running our Linuxcnc Routers, and the machine
> > operator came and got me to tell me that one of them had crashed.
> > Linuxcnc had exited in the middle of a run with the router motors
> > still running in the material.
>
> Very strange message, "router motor fault" doesn't sound
> like one of the generic errors built into stock LinuxCNC.

I'd have to agree. What little trolling thru the lcnc srcs I've done, I
don't recall seeing that text.

> So, maybe that is a custom error message from your configs
> files.
>
> Anyway, I'd run memtest86 for an hour, and also run an fsck
> on the disk to be sure there is nothing wrong in those areas.

All of which is good advice, Jon. Any memory errors would make me eject
and reseat the memory sticks & repeat that test until the error goes
away, or if a 2 stick memory, remove 1st one, then the other until the
bad one is known.