I probably posted this already but if not here's the BeagleBone and MachinekIt
running the knee stepper motor (Gecko) and Y axis DC Servo (HP_UHU).  Xylotex
interface board.
https://youtu.be/9GF709ZfLRQ

It's not closed loop with an encoder through the Beagle.  The HP_UHU does that.

John Dammeyer
http://www.autoartisans.com