On 10.03.19 21:24, Rafael Skodlar wrote:
> Only profiteers that pay off soviet style politicians. You want a "solar
> company" to use your roof rent free and claim you have a profit? What about
> roof leaks,

Here in Australia factory painted galvanised steel sheet roofing is
popular in rural areas. (I have it here in town too.) The new build too
will use Klip-Lok, which has no penetrations for fixing, so no
possibility of a leak - certainly none experienced in 30 years. The
profile chosen for the new build fits a commercial PV array clamp, so no
penetrations for the solar array either.

I figure that the array output cables can go up under the ridge capping,
so no penetration for wiring either.

The full benefit of solar is now only achieved through self consumption,
as the years of generous feed-in tariffs have ended here. If on-grid, a
modest FIT nevertheless allows the grid to substitute for a battery. In
that case, a physical battery is not yet fully competitive cost-wise.

But off-grid is another equation altogether, with a very positive
outlook.

Erik