This one has to be too good to be true.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1500w-Flexible-Solar-Panel-Kit-System-120A-Controller-3000w-Inverter-House-Boat/333107282098
Says it includes 15 100W panels, connecting cables, inverter etc. for $89.
Dunno what else would be required to tie it into a domestic power supply, but
at that price it's highly tempting. Would definitely take a bite out of the air
conditioning bill in summer, if it's anywhere near as good as it claims.Better
control systems using PWM and MPPT can wring the best out of a PV panel.
I've a long south facing front on my shop building. It could use an awning
angled to 44.25 degrees, covered with solar panels. I'd have to cut down a tree
but I'm thinking of doing that anyway because it's an evergreen that constantly
drops seed pods and needles.
IIRC if your panels aren't on movable mounts the best compromise is to angle
them to match your degrees latitude.