On Monday 18 March 2019 09:10:04 Todd Zuercher wrote:

> Don't discount pump heating of the water.  Last week I was working on
> one of our machines that was down with several issues (much larger
> spindle 19hp).  One of the problems was the cooling fan for the water
> was dead.  It was a lower priority than some of the other problems, so
> I was working on it for a couple of hours with the power on, then went
> look at the cooler and I was shocked at how warm the water was.
> Without the spindle running at all, in the time I worked on the
> machine, the water temp had risen from room temp to about 3 times
> higher than it normally is with the spindle cutting and the cooling
> fan working.  The fan and radiators are very important on this 5
> gallon cooling system.
>
> Todd Zuercher
> P. Graham Dunn Inc.
> 630 Henry Street
> Dalton, Ohio 44618
> Phone:  (330)828-2105ext. 2031

Yes, I was somewhat surprised myself when after 3 days, the 3 gallons in
my tank was up to 38C.  Now my pump starts 1/2 second after the spindle,
and stops 120 seconds after its shut down.  And just this morning got
all the pyvcp tallies working. At least showing pump power s/b on, no
flow switch. :(

Yesterday, on a Sunday even, saw the usps driver put a box on the chair
just outside the front door, with a gallon of Kool-mist in it, so I
discovered just how little suction the mister I bought had. Takes more
air at a higher pressure than my 2hp AC is comfortable with to lift the
coolant out of a dishwasher pod bucket sitting on the table about 4"
below the bed surface.  So I suspect I'll have to make a shelf on the
side of the gantry to set the src container on, raising it about 4". The
suction hose is also a bit short, so moveing the coolant tank with the
gantry will help there too.  So will approaching the mister valve from
below, sucking hard enough to pull it over the top of the gantry
crossbar takes way too much air.

Then last night I plugged in the A table, but it stopped working as I
believe I'll have to fix the windings order.  Not the first time as no
two motor cables are wired the same so I've had to adjust other motors
already.  And I think I've a hal routine to calibrate the rotation scale
working by y measureing apos-fb for 100 clicks of the home switch. I
like to be able to set angles to arc-minutes accuracy at least. :)

Anybody interested in that hal code?