On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 18:12, bari <bari00...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You don't have to make nearly as many boards as that.
>
> Here's a good example:
>
> https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A64/A64-OLinuXino/open-source-hardware

A very relevant example is the STMBL servo driver boards I made. (not my
design, I just wanted some to use)

The cost-per-part of the components is almost constant with volume. It
drops a bit, but not enough to really matter.
PCB setup and PCBA is pretty much flat after 100 units.

Here are the actual numbers from my STMBL purchase:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h-26i7gXVHMsfAxbrWg1JodXoI41dRo-FZ9OmJNwTtk/edit?usp=sharing
(you need the "quotes" tab.)

I think that for x50 quantity PCB placement is about 1¢ per part.

--
atp
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed