> On 06/13/2019 12:42 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
> > So how many hours of labour for you to create a completely functional
> LinuxCNC with two parallel ports on 26 pin ribbon cable connectors that can
> be swapped into existing BoBs?
> >

> Zero hours.  There is Machinekit, which is a branch of
> LinuxCNC, that runs on the Beagle Bone Black, and has done
> so for something like 5 years.  I make the CRAMPS board that
> mounts up to 6 Pololu stepper drivers to it, and level
> converts all the other I/O for it. So, a very compact
> package and you just need to wire the motors, limit
> switches, etc. to it, and provide a power supply.
>
> Jon

I think I meant time to do this for a Raspberry Pi and LinuxCNC without using
an Ethernet Mesa Card.  Or maybe that's the only way to do it with a PI.

I have the Xylotex DB25/26 cape.  Here's the Beagle from last year running part
of my mill.
https://youtu.be/9GF709ZfLRQ

The screen handling is, at times a bit rough.

http://pico-systems.com/osc2.5/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=1
But your CRAMPs board could be a model for a full CNC motherboard.

John