On Thursday 01 August 2019 05:52:06 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 01 August 2019 02:59:37 andy pugh wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 04:36, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > output of arcgenm18.py is assumeing G17. not G18.  So I need to
> >
> > > translate the ijk into what it would be for G18 motion. Is there a
> > > rule of thumb for that?
> >
> > G17 XY IJ
> > G18 XZ IK
> > G19 YZ JK
>
> Thanks Andy. It would be very helpfull if that was added to the docs.
>
> > So to change a G17 arc to a G18 change Y to Z and J to K.

Did that got g3 error, usual recipe, converted it back to g17, lcnc
bought it but back plot shows the arc as a straight line???

Now clarify please. I have a #<_z_tmp>, which the gcode sets to=.1875
This equals the radius of the arc and also represents the depth as the
while [#<_z_tmp> gt 0.0000], meaning that if no erosion on the carbide,
the final pass, decrementing at -0.0005 per pass, the last pass will be
a few thou over the depth the key sits in the slot. or it will be
shallow if the carbide has seriously eroded.  The only y  motions are
those that move to work the width of the key, ostensively to make the
groove .1890" wide. those motions take place at the ends of the g2 or g3
moves so that from above the tool is
  _____________
 |____________|
=================$64K-Question=================
Now in order to maintain the shape of the half circle, while effectively
moving it to an ever increasing depth and running in G18 anything
referencing z must have the z_tmp added so the center point decrements
with z_tmp. Right?

So as I step thru the code, watch it get to setting the starting height,
but instead of raising z to 0.1875, it stops at about .070" So x and y
seem to be running  in inches, but z is maybe running in mm but showing
inches. But thats just a theory at this  point. Different problem but
this is 2.9 master too... I need to find that too

I noted the shaft was showing a teeny bit of rust from sitting in the
distilled water over night, and that the blocks I had positioned and
gooped to prop it into alignment hadn't stuck to the poly tray, so I
dumped everything and cleaned up the shaft, and now have a 1x2 by 9
piece of white ash gooped to the bottom of the water tray sitting out in
the sun so maybe it will stick better. Thick enough the shaft can be
laid lengthwise w/o the tray pushing on the ends.

So while all that glue is setting, I can work on duff code.
And maybe look around in my junk box for another useable capacitor. This
sort of pulsing will kill an electrolytic in a short time, not to
mention it can't deliver the amps to make a destructive spark like an
oil/paper or mylar can.

Thanks Andy.

 - Louis D. Brandeis