On Sunday 06 October 2019 13:12:59 andy pugh wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Oct 2019 at 14:20, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > 0V-10V PWM?
> > Check, delivered to the spindle circuitry of a mesa-7i76D
>
> I think that the output of a 7i76 is actually a digital potentiometer,
> with no PWM stage involved. It's part of the smart-serial subsystem.
Thats what we're told.  And amazingly, the vfd is responsive to the click
on either direction button, trundling along at about 100 rpms. I can
stop it with virtually zero effort though so its useless at that speed.
I don't have a lot of low speed boost dialed in, probably less than FLA.
And its water cooled.

 - Louis D. Brandeis