On 10/09/2019 10:06 AM, Todd Zuercher wrote:
Jon,

What would be the approximate cost estimate for your setup?

No, the VFDs are each set to same speeds, with a single analog output.

That would be $550, for 2 ea. Universal Stepper Controllers and one Spindle DAC. Now, I can see a possible noise problem if the analog grounds of all the VFDs are tied together. But, if it is running that way now, then I guess they have suitable noise immunity.

A DIP switch can be flipped on a channel-by-channel basis to set the step/direction outputs to be in quadrature mode instead. Optionally, encoders can be fed to each axis. Opto-isolated digital inputs are provided for a contact closure to be sensed. Optionally, you can use NPN-type sensors for inputs. Positions are on the board for Solid State Relays to be plugged in for digital outputs.

Jon