On Monday 14 October 2019 08:26:30 Todd Zuercher wrote:

> It isn't the reliability of Linuxcnc that is in question we already
> have several machines running it.  It is the down time for the
> conversion. The old system is still working, but it's PC is showing
> signs of its age, (bad CMOS battery, flaky booting, pending HD
> failure...)

All of which should be prima-facie evidence of a half dead cmos battery.
Downtime of 45 minutes max, and 5 bucks to replace it. Next excuse...

> Buying a new Wincnc PC with the current Wincnc version and
> Windows 10, appeals to them (and our IT guy who isn't a Linux guy).

Your IT guy?  Should be you just from the content of the posts you made
to this list...

> And should just be plug and play, not to mention supported by the OEM
> who is setting up and sending us the new PC.

At what cost and downtime while retraining the operators to deal with a
new os. Didn't your folks ever hear of TANSTAAFL?  They are about to.

> Todd Zuercher
> P. Graham Dunn Inc.
> 630 Henry Street
> Dalton, Ohio 44618