On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 12:11 AM Phillip Carter <phillcarte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I installed the dependency fail for the sudo apt-key adv --keyserver
> > hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-key EF1B07FEE0EE663E step.  When I try to
> > install the key I get:
> > Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.RJo9NWtHgB/gpg.1.sh --keyserver
> > hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-key EF1B07FEE0EE663
> > gpg: "EF1B07FEE0EE663" not a key ID: skipping
> >
> you are missing the "E" at the end
Added the E and reran the command.  It worked.  I think I got it to
work before that but blew it on the retry of the command.

> > and there is no /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linuxcnc-buildbot.list created.
> >
> > I created the file and added the 2.7 entries and edited them to 2.8.
> > That got me an install of the 2.8 docs but nothing else.
> >
> > I don't remember what incantations I did to install 2.8 on the old
> > machine.  I think it was just pointing at repositories and using
> > apt-get.
> >
> if you created /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linuxcnc-buildbot.list then check your
> /etc/apt/sources.list file and comment out any lines that reference linuxcnc

No references in /etc/apt/sources.list.  I tried commenting them out
in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linuxcnc-list but no change.

I tried using the 2.7 entries replacing the 7 with 8 and also tried
pointing to Master with no luck.
deb     http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ stretch master-rtpreempt
deb-src http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ stretch master-rtpreempt

cncuser@localhost:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat linuxcnc.list
deb http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch base
#deb-src http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch base
deb http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-uspace
#deb-src http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-uspace
#deb http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-rtpreempt
#deb-src http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-rtpreempt

cncuser@localhost:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat linuxcnc.list
deb http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch base
#deb-src http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch base
deb http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-uspace
#deb-src http://linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-uspace
#deb http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-rtpreempt
#deb-src http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ stretch 2.7-rtpreempt

cncuser@localhost:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ sudo apt-get update
Ign:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
Hit:2 http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates InRelease
Ign:3 http://linuxcnc.org stretch InRelease
Ign:4 http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org stretch InRelease
Hit:5 http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch Release
Hit:7 http://linuxcnc.org stretch Release
Hit:8 http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org stretch Release
Reading package lists... Done
cncuser@localhost:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ sudo apt-get install linuxcnc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package linuxcnc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'linuxcnc' has no installation candidate

Anyplace I can just grab an iso and install it or the correct entries
for  /etc/apt/sources.list. or do I need to grab the sources and
build?  The buildbot page instructions are way out of date.

Dave