On 01/19/2020 06:00 PM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
About a mile away is a few Cinci high speed 3 spindle 5 axis gantries. Each
spindle has a 100 horse motor. I can imagine the power company could
monitor and tell when they start.

Yes, years ago at our university dorms, they had a 500 Hp electric turbine chiller. There was a phone on the side of the unit with a list of all the electric company control rooms that had to be notified before the motor was started. It was a surprisingly long list. Generally, the thing was started once per season.

Jon