Just for your information if you need it.
There is an electric motor rebuild shop here in Wichita Kansas.
They have a 2000hp dynamometer.
I don't know the hp rating but if the motor goes over that number they have
to coordinate a test the the hospital about 6 blocks away. The hospital and
the power company found out about their dyno when they browned out the
hospital a few years ago.
They do a good job of electric motor rebuilding.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 8:31 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 19 January 2020 19:20:12 R C wrote:
>
> > a 100HP motor, is about 75kW, so that's a little over 200kW for 3 of
> > them,  they might see a little blip.. especially near a 'larger' area
> >
> > I work in HPC, we deal with dozens of mW. I actually did get calls for
> > restarting "something"  being told...  please don't do that like that
> >
> > (me and my team, unknowingly, caused brown outs *lol*)
> >
> I was in charge of a 30 kw visual output GE UHF tv transmitter back thru
> the 70's. KXNE-19 for the Nebraska ETV Commission, used 2 klystrons
> rated at 100kw input each, but they are old tech now and not very
> efficient, long since retired for more efficient technology, best eff
> was 28%, so when everything was singing on key, the building draw was
> around 230 kw unless the deicers were on which ran it up to 265 kw or
> so. We were Wayne County Nebraska's biggest customer until someone built
> a pair of 300 foot long air conditioned hog barns over east of Wayne. If
> that place sneezed, I had a couple power service trucks in the driveway
> in around 10 minutes. I didn't have to call them, they just sort of
> materialized.
> >
> > Ron
> >
> > On 1/19/20 5:00 PM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> > > About a mile away is a few Cinci high speed 3 spindle 5 axis
> > > gantries. Each spindle has a 100 horse motor. I can imagine the
> > > power company could monitor and tell when they start.

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.