On 01/21/2020 11:55 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
Yes.  I would not blindly recommend any of the RTOSes without a doing a
more detailed design of the application.  Nutx might be better.      They
are VERY different from Linux.     Linux boots of a disk that allows you to
run other independent apps.   This other class of OS must if linked in with
the application code and when the machine boots it will only run that code.
  one does not bot an RTOS then run an app, rather the ROS is a library that
you apps links to.

I find it very useful to have my CNC control on my local network. I have hundreds of often-used toolpath programs on it, and back it up every once in a while. Also, I can generate new
toolpaths on CAD systems and download them to the CNC computer.

Jon