would not worry too much about who's RTOS you use.   The concepts are
universal.  First you come up with a high-level design and work out the
interfaces then you need to decide how wide of a range of hardware you need
to support.  Then do some prototyping.   You will very quickly have your
list down to a small handful.

People always get hung up on tools.    That is not what matters.  What
matters is the high level system architecture and how you design the
interfaces between the parts.

You can't even choose a microcontroller until this is worked out.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California