On 2/15/20 1:42 AM, David Berndt wrote:

How did we get to the point where we decided that the goal is a "relatively simple embedded system"? I for one am not looking to trade off the current gui and it's features for what you describe.

It seems like a lot of this thread seems to steer itself in the machinekit direction in terms of apparent goals/ideals, so I guess I'd ask, why not start there?

We haven't. Someone just thinks new or different is better. Someone that has not really worked much with CNC machines but does have an idea that they think would make things better. It would be newer without explaining why it would be better, only telling us that it will be better. So they think newer is better just because it is newer. I hope I have cleared this up.  :)

Newer is better. Look into my eyes and repeat "newer is better".