On 19/2/20 7:17 am, Marshland Engineering wrote:
Les - Valuable comments, however, some facts.

I'm and BSc electrical engineer and worked as an industrial control engineer
with PLC, servos etc for a number of years.

I have 2 complete PC with Mesa servo drives, wiring, machines retrofitted etc.
I been following LinuxCNC for a long time, even years before when it was EMC2.

I have tried 4+ times over the years to get it all to work. I have yet to get
a one system up and running !!!!!!

I do understand that my Linux is limited and that is probably the biggest
factor.

I can buy stuff off the shelf from China and get it working, even Mach3 is
easy.

The only reason I went LinuxCNC is that I can retain the handwheels and use
servo drives.

I am going to make space in my calender this year to try again as I can see
that having it running would be a nice compliment to my SouthWestern
Indistries mill. Thread milling would be great.

PS I forgot, spent 15 years as a commercial programmer.

Cheers Wallace

I'm a basic Builder's\Civil labourer and have had no trouble getting
Linuxcnc up and running.

Linuxcnc had really nothing to do with "Linux Skills" it's being able to
follow instructions as per any new app you would install, regardless of OS.

I can't get my head around Autocad, Fusion 360, is that because my
"Windows Skills" are lacking ?

Rob