Which version did you try ?

The XCFE versions, which is the same desktop as Wheezy & Stretch, should
give better latency than the MATE versions.

On 9/3/20 8:51 pm, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
Wheezy is pretty ancient now.
You could try the preempt-rt and rtai ISOs built on Mint here:

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc/38308-linux-mint-iso-with-rtai-and-rt?start=0

  I tried with Mint and then LCNC last night Andy, but the latency test went
crazy as soon as I opened Firefox. I went back to Wheezy for now and I'll
continue testing some other distro to upgrade it later. The good thing is
all the boards are working fine. I only need to test the 7i52s with the
servo motors and I'm ready to switch the control of the lathe.

I had really high jitter when I run latency test with Debian Stretch. So
installed Wheezy with LinuxCNC 2.7.14

--
atp
lunatics."