On Sat, 7 Mar 2020, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:

Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 23:26:17 -0300
From: Leonardo Marsaglia <ldmarsag...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 6i24 + 7i44 configuration

For now I'm using it via halcmd.

I had really high jitter when I run latency test with Debian Stretch. So I
installed Wheezy with LinuxCNC 2.7.14

I'm running latency test right now with several instances of glxgears
running and I get a max jitter of 70000 ns on servo thread and 79000 on
base thread. But I've only been running it for 10 minutes or so. I plan to
leave like that a couple of hours to see if there's something strange.

The funny thing is, sometimes the board starts working ok and the problem
starts when I stop the thread and try to start it again.

watchdog timeouts would be caused by millisecond delays, a few 100 usec should not be an issue at 1 KHz.

I dont think there is any point using halcmd for this, I would use a real LinuxCNC configuration and watch for error messages.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)