The kernel in the latest ISOs, from my testing, has better latency than the K=
ona kernel. Cinnamon is quite resource hungry, MATE is next and XFCE is the l=
ightest of the three.=20
Wireless can have a negative effect . Out of interest what machine or mother=
board specs have you got at your disposal?

Composed with my Crayons=20

> On 10 Mar 2020, at 02:10, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 14:18, Leonardo Marsaglia <ldmarsag...@gmail.com> w=
rote:
>>=20
>> I tried Cinnamon desktop and intalled the kernel following the instructio=
ns
>> here :
>> https://forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc/36822-linuxcnc-on-linux-=
mint-19-1-quick-and-easy-installation?start=3D0