Starting with a fresh install of 2.7.14, 7I80HD, 2 of 7I29's.

Jumper W2 has been changed on the 7i29's to show encoder signals. The LED's flicker as I turn the motors.

I am using PNCconf menus to do the setup

Using SV12 and the usual axis and encoder assignments for a 3 axis and a spindle encoder.

Network setup was modified as follows;

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

#following was added for Linuxcnc as per HM2_ETH<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.1.1
    hardware-irq-coalesce-rx-usecs 0

Following is the message at setup;

ed@debian:~$ linuxcnc /home/ed/linuxcnc/configs/3-axis/3-axis.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.7.14
Machine configuration directory is '/home/ed/linuxcnc/configs/3-axis'
Machine configuration file is '3-axis.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./3-axis.hal
Note: Using POSIX realtime
hm2: loading Mesa HostMot2 driver version 0.15
hm2_eth: loading Mesa AnyIO HostMot2 ethernet driver version 0.2
hm2_eth: ERROR: can't connect: Network is unreachable
hm2_eth: rtapi_app_main: Network is unreachable (-101)
./3-axis.hal:8: waitpid failed /usr/bin/rtapi_app hm2_eth
./3-axis.hal:8: /usr/bin/rtapi_app exited without becoming ready
./3-axis.hal:8: insmod for hm2_eth failed, returned -1
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Running HAL shutdown script
hm2: unloading
Note: Using POSIX realtime
LinuxCNC terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the log:
    /home/ed/linuxcnc_debug.txt
and
    /home/ed/linuxcnc_print.txt
as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal
ed@debian:~$

This machine was not hooked up to a network at LCNC install.

Probably a simple, silly mistake at setup on my part but it has baffled me for a couple days off and on. I know almost nothing about network setup so that is kind of a mystery to me.

Can anybody give me a push to resolve this?

Thanks, Ed.