On 5/9/20 17:33, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Saturday 09 May 2020 16:51:48 Mark Wendt wrote:

That's the default IPv6 address assigned to an unconfigured interface.
As Peter pointed out, he needs to configure eth0, not eth1 which
doesn't look like it exists on his machine.

And I didn't note it was eth1, all I saw in his /e/n/i was eth0. Damn I
wish they'd quite trying to shove this ipv6 crap down our throats.  I'm
out in the puckerbrush of north central WV, and the nearest working ipv6
address is probably in Pittsburg, 150 +  miles north of me. So it all
both unfamiliar and bs to me.

One of the trade-offs of living in West By God Virginia. Eventually they'll make it into the 20th century.  ;-)

Been using IPv6 for years now.  We're running out of IPv4 address space so something has to be done.

Mark