Thanks for catching the spelling mistake.  I'll fix that when I add the photos
of the Spindle Motor mount plate and motor mount.

I really regret not buying the larger X axis (and horizontal mill) version of
the G3617.  But at the time it looked like it would take up too much space and
the extra cost couldn't be justified.  Looking back now the $3616 Cdn. (all
taxes in) price I paid for it wasn't very much.  At least compared to what I'd
have to pay now to replace it.
https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-9-x-39-2-HP-Horizontal-Vertical-Mill-with-Power-Feed/G0757

It's about $6K US yet for some reason they convert that to almost $11K Cdn.

My project #42 is to add an R8 Spindle into the column where there is one on
the G0757 and an AC Servo to turn it.  And cast up the other end to hold the
horizontal spindle.   There's no reason I couldn't add the horizontal mill
feature since the table pivots the same way it does on the horizontal mill
version.

image of product G0757

Although, with CNC, is a pivoting table even needed for helical gear cutting?
John