DXF files can be complex and yours might even have problems.  Can other
software import the DXF files?  Try that, make a trivial change then
re-export to DXF.

The other option is PyCAM.   It can generate g-code from DXF also.

Or look at the traceback and see what went wrong.  There is something in
your DXF file the dxf2gcode can't handle.  Fix that.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:46 AM Martin Dobbins <tu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use this on Ubuntu 20.04 because I'm looking to write some g
> code for a tiny (Roland) drag knife, I wanted to see how it handled corners.
>
> Unfortunately, while the gui will load OK when I try to load a dxf I'm
> getting a runtime error:
>
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dxf2gcode/core/shape.py", line 609,
> in abs_iter
>     raise StopIteration()
> StopIteration
>
> The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 727, in open
>     self.load()
>   File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 874, in load
>     self.makeShapes()
>   File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 922, in makeShapes
>     self.makeEntityShapes(self.entityRoot)
>   File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 973, in makeEntityShapes
>     self.makeEntityShapes(newEntityContent, ent_geo.Layer_Nr)
>   File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 996, in makeEntityShapes
>     tmp_shape.AnalyseAndOptimize()
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dxf2gcode/core/shape.py", line 175,
> in AnalyseAndOptimize
>     self.setNearestStPoint(Point())
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dxf2gcode/core/shape.py", line 190,
> in setNearestStPoint
>     min_geo_nr, _ = min(enumerate(self.geos.abs_iter()),
> RuntimeError: generator raised StopIteration
>
> Any ideas for a fix?  This was supposed to be a quick project.
>
> Martin

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California