yup exactly,  actually in a way  so I can point at things that you can't really see but  would need longer exposures for.

On 7/13/20 9:28 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 8:02 PM Dave Matthews <n36...@gmail.com> wrote:

It may just be my age but wouldn't it be easier to just use a 555 (do they
still make them) and a knob to tweak the pulse rate to match the star?

That would be easy but I think there is some plan to have a "go to"
ability where the 'scope slews to a target selected from a database.

Also, a full-up computer today sells for the same price as a 555 chip.  You
can get an AVR (Arduino chip) in an 8-pin package for just a few cents.