On Friday 17 July 2020 02:29:28 John Dammeyer wrote:

> > > And that makes sense in a weird way.   If you don't want motion
> > > until the spindle is stopped completely then green when requested
> > > speed is zero is technically correct.
> >
> > And here I have been plotting how to make it red when stopped.  But
> > you are right.  Green means its safe too. I just hadn't let the
> > light in.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> You can always edit the pycvp file and the hal file and add a second
> indicator.  One that has a pin that reflects that the motor is stopped
> and is red when stopped, green when moving.

Ben there, done that. I have 4 leds, one to indicate motion power is on,
one each for FWD and REV and ATSP. Depending on the machine there are
more, like align progress and such.

I even track the G33.1 reverse overshoot and display it in turns, and the
G33.1 containing subroutine can even calc the distance traveled and
subtract from the Z depth to put a stop to hitting the bottom of the
blind hole and breaking the taps when the G33.1 is wrapped in a loop
cause the nearly 2 hp spindle motor can't do it in one pass. My GO704
has a whomping big (125 volts, 17 amps current limit) spindle psu, so
that 1 hp 90 volt motor can surge to around 2hp. After 4 years of that,
the nylon head gears are getting noisy though.  I should get a kit of
those and their skate wheel bearings ordered.

> Then you'd see it go green as soon as the motor started turning while
> the other remains red.  Then when up to speed they are both green.
> When stopping it's the other way around.  The request is 0 RPM so the
> up to speed LED goes red until it's stopped at which point it goes
> green while the motor turning LED stays green until it's stopped.
>
> Not sure how useful it would be but not hard to add.
>
> John

Stay safe and well.

 - Louis D. Brandeis