On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 at 19:49, Thaddeus Waldner <thadw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m having an issue with jog lag when using a matrix keypad.
> Keys are connected via a 7i73 board. I have each Jog key mapped to halui.axis
> pins. Eg. X- is mapped to halui.axis.x.minus
> Is this the correct way to connect jog keys?

It's one way, that should work.

Halui is a userspace component, so has the possibility of lagging, but
I am concerned that this might be an issue with the matrix-kb
component.

Halscope should be able to determine if the jog pin and the jog move
operate at the same time. If they do then that might indicate that
there is a problem further upstream.

I use a 7i73 + jogwheels and see no lag, but jogwheels are realtime end-to-end.

--
atp
lunatics."