On Fri, 7 Aug 2020, Thaddeus Waldner wrote:

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 13:07:04 -0500
From: Thaddeus Waldner <thadw...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 7i73 Lagging jog key

I finally got to do a little troubleshooting and here??s what I found:

Key response on the keypad is never as fast as the on-screen UI but it is
consistent. I??m guessing there??s about a 100-300 ms delay but that??s just a
guess. Could this delay be due to the fact that this is a scanning keypad? What
is the scan rate on

Once the inverter starts, I get a LOT of noise on the SmartSerial lines. The
noise voltage is around 4v  as measured from the 7i73 ground but it spikes to
higher than that. Frequency is about 40khz but it??s not consistent.

The noise on the 5v power supply line to the 7i73 is minimal. The 7i73 and all
its connected switches are grounded only through the board??s connection to the
7i96 board.

Would a shielded ethernet cable help?