> That would quite a while. I tried by hand with a piece of 320 but didn't
> do anywhere enough damage to start helping in 15 minutes.

Of course you can just make the hole larger in the CAD file and reprint.
 But I hate to do that as then I'd not be able to re-use the CAD file for
CNC milling or even for a different kind of plastic.   I usually end up
using drills reamers or taps and boring if precision is needed.  I usually
have to retouch countersinks to make flat head screws be flush.
Post-processing is pretty common.

IBut on the other hand, if you design your own parts, rather then printing
existing designs, you design around the limitation of you printer.  For
example, I don't print mod. 0.5 gears or plastic-on-metal bearings.
Clean-sheet designs can work if you avoid doing the hard stuff.   That
said, I end up designing and making everything three times.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California