I probably need n!. I find I can't even make freecad-19 do what 16 can
do, make a part vanish so as to see whats behind it.  The highlight
coloring works on THAT part, tap the space bar to make THAT part vanish,
and it blanks the whole assembly, no matter what part I've clicked on...
And it all comes back if I hit the spacebar again. Cornfuzzin is what it
is. Newer versions are supposed to add features, not take them away. :(

Hi Gene,

I'm a newby too, so take this advice with a mountain of salt 🙂

Also, I'm not in a position to test what I'm saying so further "I don't believe
this" must be applied.

You need to be over on the upper left-hand side in the tree menu, there you can
pick components out right click for context (or keyboard shortcut) to make
something disappear to see what's behind.  Using this tree menu means that you
can also drill back to the original sketch(es) and show those to remind
yourself of original dimensions

Martin