Can you or someone else please expand on that?

Most VFD that I am familiar with operate between 10khz and 20khz. I personally
like to configure them upwards of 16khz because I find the squealing noise
annoying. I suppose that the main reason to not do that is that it increases
switching losses.

Do any servos or VFD systems actually run their base frequency higher than
20khz?

If not, where do those harmonics come from?