I had SWs Premium in 2015-ish and it was a deal at $6k per copy and I think
$2k per year maintenance.  That included simulation in the premium version,
I think there's another add-on that costs $$ as well, but forget...

At $40/year with the EAA, that seems too good to be true.

I had used HSM works CAM Package from AutoDesk of all places and it was
really nice.  It integrated directly into SWs.  At the time it was FREE for
2.5 axes (maybe 3, fuzzy memory here).  If you wanted 4 axes then it jumped
to $5k or so, like everyother CAM package...  5 axis was over $10k, if
I remember correctly.

Mark