Hello,

I was away for a while, I saw a lot of replies/suggestions on the "subject".   I am going to try and see if I can make the part (a shaft) in freecad, and see what I can do with it.

As for the other software,  well I won't be making money of it, It's just a hobby,  BUT  I don't really want to set up another machine or so just for  running something else.

I was thinking,  that since  a lathe (well my lathe)  has a X and Z axis, if I'd make a part in 'that plane" in freecad,  that it might be possible to use that?  I saw a suggestion that there might a a part/plugin in the path workbench.

thanks,

Ron