But I would probably pursue a real servo drive/motor if you want anything with performance. In the past few years I have implemented AC VFDs on some machines to do positioning. They use a relatively high ratio gearbox.   They are usually in vector mode.  Those setups can last a very long time.  But they aren't super precise, but then they don't need to be.
A couple of the machines used shot pins to get precise final position.

Dave

On 10/20/2020 5:30 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:

From: Jon Elson [mailto:el...@pico-systems.com]
On 10/20/2020 03:19 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
I looked at their web site.  (google KB Electronic DC drive).  Seems like
pretty nice stuff although I wonder if they would react fast
enough to a closed loop control.  If that was even wanted.  One of the drives
does support tachometer feedback.
The KB drives are SCR based, so pretty low bandwidth.

Jon
So perfect for treadmills or fans or conveyers or any sort of simple speed
control with a knob.  But not ideal for CNC based systems.

John