KB electronics is good stuff.  Similar to the Minarik DC drives.
Industrial rated...

Don't know about the reaction time for closed loop, but you could call them
and I'd think their apps engr would have some idea...  My experience
(probably limited) has not seen those types of DC drives closed loop to
position, but I would think you could close loop to speed w/ LinuxCNC, but
how quickly to ramp back to desired speed is the question.

Mark