KB makes SCR and PWM motor drives, but rather than spend the $$ for a KB PWM
I'm leaning towards an MC2100 treadmill drive for my JET 9x20 I put a DC
treadmill motor on. Just have to build a PWM control circuit to replace
whatever would be on the treadmill control panel.
The old MC60 treadmill SCR control may or may not be useful for a spindle
drive, depending on how it's been set up for when it will turn on and how it
handles fast speed changes and getting close to a stall. If it starts up as
soon as the control rheostat is moved and doesn't quit if slowed down too fast,
it'll work but the low RPM torque is low. The MC60 that was on the mill my
motor is from wouldn't start until the knob was turned to 50%, and it'd start
*at* 50% speed. Then if I turned it down too fast it'd shut down until it was
power cycled and the knob put back to zero. Useless for a lathe spindle,
without the knowledge to modify the circuitry or adjust the trimpots that may
control those behaviors.

    On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 10:03:30 PM MDT, Scott Harwell via Emc-users