Hello,

I don't know if this is a topic for this list, but trying to learn how to write a 'simple' canned cycle g-code program

basically to learn how to  get started.

let's say I want to make a simple shaft, stock is a little over 0.25",  and want one half of it to be  0.25" and the other half 3/16"

(Earlier I was looking for an online script or so  that can do that).

Is there a beginners guide/course that walks you through this with simple examples?  (maybe I should say trivial examples, let's just assume I know next to nothing about machining.) Are there some examples to look at, play with?  I have  a small sherline lathe I want to work with.

thanks,

Ron