Hi Gene
you can buy Prussian Blue oil paint tube from an art store or internet
you can get a pretty good surface plate from a cutout of a kitchen
sink granite top
you can measure the flatness with this old trick
takes 2 123 blocks a mag indicator stand and an indicator
mount indicator to stand and clamp stand onto large surface of 123
place both 123's on surface to check. You can 0 indicator onto the plain 123.
as you move the pair over the surface you are measuring the avg 123
area height to the other 123 area height. You make a map of the
results on paper.
This will show you how flat the surface is.
this is an independent measure ( the surface may not be parallel to
the x or y rails
but it is important to be able to what element is contributing what
part of error to the wkpc.

stay safe, god bless america

tomp