On Thursday 07 January 2021 18:56:31 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 07 January 2021 17:54:51 Jon Elson wrote:
> > On 01/07/2021 02:24 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > copy pasted from the anderswallin site it had a bunch of python
> > > stuff in the paste that didn't show in the onscreen box, so I
> > > removed it.  Whats left is attached.
> >
> > This is an HTML corruption ,
> >
> > in<0.0
> >
> > should probably be replaced by in < 0.0
>
> And that did it. Thanks Jon.
>
> Now I am wondering what a good starter for amount might be. Current
> miss is from .1 degrees to about .175 degrees short of hitting dead
> on. But I've no clue if its scaled.

And apparently it is scaled, a lot. An amount >80.0 may or may not
oscillate, but 80.0 gets me to x.99xx of where I sent it, but it now
needs a wider zero point in order to stop tickling the motor once its
reached a friction locked point within a hundredth of a degree.  So I
may see if I can add a new deadband parameter so it treats anything
within the deadband as zero out.  As is, it is getting quite a bit
closer to where I sent it.

Sent to 180, it goes to 180.0000, but sent to -180 with an amount of 40
for a stable stop, it goes to 179.9985 degrees. I may be wearing in the
bs-1's worm as the amount before it oscillates at stop is dropping.

That seems like it ought to be good enough for the girls I go with. Is
it?

Thanks everybody.

> > Jon

> Cheers, Gene Heskett