On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, Feral Engineer wrote:

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 12:05:45 -0400
From: Feral Engineer <theferalengin...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] [Emc-developers] Home_use_index issue revisited

I'll do some repeatability testing on Tuesday. Between Easter family
visits, work and band practice tomorrow night, I won't have a chance to get
back on the machine until then.

When I had the and2 gate connecting both switches last night as my last
ditch effort, it repeated perfectly over a dozen times.

Right and as Sam said, adding index to this really doesnt add anything but complexity if you can detect the index at linuxCNCs servo thread rate.

Where index can improve homing accuracy is when you have high resolution encoders (and you clear on index) so the actual high resolution count is captured in hardware without any servo thread sampling uncertainty

LinuxCNC master and Hostmot2 do support stepgen index with the right firmware
but this requires a high speed index input since the index input is a fully
hardware signal that captures the stepgen position.

Happy international carrot day, everybody! (Yes, it's really a thing)

Phil T.
The Feral Engineer

Check out my LinuxCNC tutorials, machine builds and other antics at
www.youtube.com/c/theferalengineer