Hi Gene
>From discussions with users of my now-archived Gui, they were using it for
anything from laser 'etching' wood with a lot of tiny moves to a Bridgeport
and 2" facemills.
Grbl is quite capable, people get hung up on the lack of some G codes and
tool changes but for the most part in small shops and hobbyists it makes
little difference. Even for thread milling and drilling there are other
options to generate gcode. Fusion360 has a post for Grbl so it is possible
to stay within its limits.

Grbl is certainly much easier to install than IinuxCNC so if it does enough
then that is a plus in my opinion. Grbl gets few updates because in the main
it is supported by 1 person who is busy with life.

Gerrit

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
Sent: June 2, 2021 7:41 AM
And that is much more informative, Gerrit, thank you.

For grbl based systems. But LCNC has progressed beyond grbl, or that is my
understanding.  I haven't actually seen a comparison of what each can do.
Does such exist? I suspect not, as it would be quickly rendered out of date
by the next github commit.