Hi John,

With regards to the BBB I was running MK (wheezy) on using the PRU,
which for my needs seemed to be ok, I didn't notice any graphics issues.

The thing that turns me off MK is how it's split and so forth.

The reason my interest has piqued is because I have a project on the go
that the BBB would be perfect for. I have a mini table saw that I'm
setting up to cut PCB sleepers for a model railway I'm building. Each
sleeper requires a few cuts, for very precise ones just enough to cut
through the copper.

What I was thinking of is a simple GUI control the position of the
fence, and hooking a ESP32 (via ethernet) to do the motion
control.....There is a discussion on the forum regarding this. The code
is very experimental the moment but I think it could just work.

Currently the Mill is controlled by a MESA 7i92 connected to 7i76, 7i73
and a few other cards. This is all hooked up to a Odroid H2 plus.

If the BBB isn't a viable solution I have a x86 based Atom Pi and a
RPi400, so a couple of options.

The ELS sounds interesting having just built a "parts bin special", a
Myford ML7 bed (the bed is almost unworn) and a Super7 head stock (no
back gear, but the vfd should help) and various other S7 & ML7 parts
(complete ones are at stupid prices Down Under and many are rusted and
incomplete). So I guess adding a few steppers and ballscrews shouldn't
be too much of an issue.

Cheers

Rob