Yeah,  but the problem with that is, that when you "leave it alone" or ignore it, contrary to "old fashioned belief", the woke and self proclaimed morally/ethically superior won't leave you alone.

Look at the Centos list/project, they have now have meetings "the group/meeting of smart people" as they call themselves (yeah I am not kidding) and they decide if people should waste their time on answering what you asked... Of course by now, Centos is pretty much dead.

(one reason is, IBM doesn't want to pay for that anymore,  other reason, developers walked away.)