Look up "mansplaining". When it's a person's (specifically male) job to explain
to a new employee (specifically female) how to do a task but the new person
already knows how (or thinks they do) to do it and expects the explainer to
somehow know that. Nevermind it's a requirement to explain to ensure the
explainee has been informed to cover arses in case the new person screws up.
The genders of the people involved can be any combination but the one in the
word points out which one teds to complain the most.
I think of a parachute jumpmaster. It's their job to go over the procedures
*every time*, whether it's the jumper's first jump or 10,000th. If the jumper
screws up they (or their relatives) have no beef with the jumpmaster.

    On Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 2:13:15 AM MDT, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 04:14, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> At the risk of being banned I'd suggest that this one point is a bit extreme:
>
> "Excessive or unwelcome helping; answering outside the scope of the question
> asked"

It does seem a little odd. I suspect it is aimed at some manner of
behaviour that I have not (knowingly) seen on our forums.
It is a bit of a concern to think that I could be accused of breaking
the CoC for being too helpful.

I get the feeling that this CoC was written for a somewhat different
demographic than LinuxCNC users tend to be. (By which I am mainly
referring to age) .