There seems to be a serious misunderstanding developing here about how
LinuxCNC is organised.

It isn't.

Really not at all.

All LinuxCNC has is a web page, a github, a buildbot, a code-base and
a bunch of contributors.

Some contributors have admin rights on the web server, and some have
push rights on the github. (I have both of these things) But that
doesn't make me part of "The management" or mean that I have some
agenda.
And the same is true of Jeff. He is a supremely valuable contributor
to the LinuxCNC code-base (I think that he has written more lines of
code than almost any other contributor[1])  but I very much doubt that
he has any particular political agenda to push.
(If I had to guess, and it would be a guess, because we haven't
discussed it,  it would be that Jeff is worried about trouble looming
if we don't have a CoC).

Don't go imagining that there are Machiavellian intrigues going on in
back-channels. We are not that organised.

Nobody is in charge, there is no committee, there is no board of
directors. Things only get done if one person decides that something
should be done, and then does it.

[1]
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/graphs/contributors?from=2003-10-05&to=2021-06-29&type=a

--