I still have my Shumatech DRO on my mill.  I touch one side and zero the axis.
I then move across and jog until the LED goes on. Then FCN 1 and the axis
letter button.  At that point the axis changes to minus halfway between where I
just touched off and the original 0 point.

I move to make the DRO show 0 and then touch off that axis on the AXIS screen.
Now I have the center point between the two edges.  Since the LED indicator
probe is 0.2" diameter the distance to the center doesn't matter.  Only if I am
trying to find the edge and the Shumatech can be told the diameter of the probe.

Certainly there must be an easy way to do this with LCNC?  The Shumatech
software has been around for at least 13 years.

John