Is it possible to solve this democratically with a vote using something like
Survey Monkey?

Would those passionately for and against accept a democratic decision?

It seems that the fear both for and against supporters of the CofC have of it’s
use (or not) damaging the community is being far outweighed by the level of
damage being done by this argument.

Can we solve it with a majority decision from the group and move on?